Stanley Brian Cox received his undergraduate degree from Central Missouri State University in 1971 and his Juris Doctorate Degree from the University of Missouri-Columbia in 1976. He is licensed to practice in Missouri, U.S. District Court—Western District of Missouri, and the United States Supreme Court.
Stanley has successfully prosecuted, as well as defended major criminal cases in state courts and represented numerous individuals in various civil litigation, domestic litigation, adoption, and probate matters in Pettis County and other courts. He has litigated workers’ compensation cases including an award of permanent total disability. His office practice includes business organizations, estate planning, and real estate transactions.
His public service includes:
- He was elected as Pettis County Prosecuting Attorney in 1978 and served one four-year term.
- Missouri Housing Development Commission (two terms as Chairman) 1983-1987.
- Missouri Veterans Commission (Vice-Chairman) 1989-1991.
- Missouri House of Representatives Reapportionment Committee 1991.
- Regent Central Missouri State University (two terms as President) 1991-1997.
- Served as an elected member of the Missouri House of Representatives for 8 years, including 4 years as Chair of the Judiciary Committee.
He is a member of:
- Missouri Bar Association.
- National Lawyers Association.
- National District Attorney’s Association.
- He has served as President of the Pettis County Bar Association.
- Republican National Lawyers Association.