Our firm handles legal matters including personal injury, workers’ compensation, civil disputes, business organization, estate planning & probate, family law, criminal law, adoption and bankruptcy.
We serve our clients in the highest ethical manner. There are times when a case needs to go to trial to fully defend the rights of our clients. Our attorneys, who have considerable courtroom experience, will not hesitate to try your case. However, there are also times when a settlement before trial is the best outcome and we will always choose what is the best possible result for our client.
The Sedalia lawyers at the Law Office of Cox & Associates will give you the personal treatment you deserve and provide you with the experience and judgment to best resolve your legal situation. You can call (660) 826-5488 or (877) 827-1390 Toll Free to schedule your initial consultation.
Stanley Brian Cox received his undergraduate degree from Central Missouri State University in 1971 and his Juris Doctorate Degree from the University of Missouri-Columbia in 1976. He is licensed to practice in Missouri, U.S. District Court—Western District of Missouri, and the United States Supreme Court.
Stanley has successfully prosecuted, as well as defended major criminal cases in state courts and represented numerous individuals in various civil litigation, domestic litigation, adoption, and probate matters in Pettis County and other courts. He has litigated workers’ compensation cases including an award of permanent total disability. His office practice includes business organizations, estate planning, and real estate transactions.
His public service includes:
- He was elected as Pettis County Prosecuting Attorney in 1978 and served one four-year term.
- Missouri Housing Development Commission (two terms as Chairman) 1983-1987.
- Missouri Veterans Commission (Vice-Chairman) 1989-1991.
- Missouri House of Representatives Reapportionment Committee 1991.
- Regent Central Missouri State University (two terms as President) 1991-1997.
- Served as an elected member of the Missouri House of Representatives for 8 years, including 4 years as Chair of the Judiciary Committee.
He is a member of:
- Missouri Bar Association.
- National Lawyers Association.
- National District Attorney’s Association.
- He has served as President of the Pettis County Bar Association.
- Republican National Lawyers Association.